Inspired by Françoise Dolto’s Green House, la Maison des Petits welcomes kids from age 0 to 5 with their parents. You will find an area featuring various games where kids can share experiences, listen to and learn from one another in a setting designed and conceived by artist Matali Crasset.
Opening hours *
Tuesday > Sunday: 2:30 pm - 6 pm
(last entrance at 5 pm)
closed on Mondays
* free and confidential reception,
within the limit of 30 places available
The Petit Salon is freely accessible to the public during the CENTQUATRE-PARIS opening hours
Tel. +33(0)1 53 35 51 21
A place that stimulates imagination
Welcoming families to interact around art is the core purpose of the Maison des Petits. The space, through it's layout as well as the selection of objects and materials made available to visitors, is an opportunity for discovery and creativity, for kids and their parents as well. Its original design, conceived by artist Matali Crasset, helps herald its artistic mission. It’s a peaceful space, surrounded by art, where children and adults are encouraged to explore, through games, their creative dispositions and approach a new way of interacting with each other and their environment. This immersion in a cultural and artistic environnement is an invitation to explore shared inventive experiences in a space that is always reinventing itself.
An everyday space
In this unique sharing space, children and their parents can play freely, read, paint, draw, dream, and interact with other families and with the reception team.
On a daily basis, one can :
- Relax with their children, in a peaceful place with a remarkable design,
- Share a good time with their children exploring books and games selected for their aesthetic qualities, their originality and their creative potential,
- Benefit from the attentiveness and support of professionals who are available to answer any questions around the child-parent relationship,
- Inquire and learn about the CENTQUATRE-PARIS’ artists creations.
Le Petit Salon
Designed by Matali Crasset, le Petit Salon allows families to comfortably wait before they can be welcomed into the Maison des Petits. With its hybrid indoor/outdoor space, the dynamic layout of Le Petit Salon stirs everyone’s inventiveness.
œuvre réalisée par matali crasset